Thursday 3 June 2010

Spies and Maltesers

I was mistaken for a spy this week.


I was waiting for a friend in Blackheath, reading a newspaper and trying to keep out of the rain by standing under a tree.


When we finally met up and went for dinner at a restaurant overlooking the heath, our waiter accused me of being a secret agent. Luckily I was able to talk my way out of it and my cover wasn’t blown!


Over on Stories from the Web, mechanimate has written about another spy, Alex Rider – or rather his creator, Anthony Horowitz.


I’ve never read one of the Alex Rider stories, but I’ve been a big fan of another Horowitz book, The Falcon’s Malteser, ever since I read it aged 10. It's part of his series about the Diamond Brothers, hapless private detectives in London.

South Americans, cemeteries, gangsters and chocolate, all with a light honeycomb centre: that's my kind of story!


Check out mechanimate’s post on Anthony Horowitz here.

No comments:

Post a Comment